First, let me tell you the Red Line is your friend when going through Immigration – that’s the line for the non-residents. Now the line for Customs was a completely different story. I have seen shorter lines at Disney World in the height of summer vacation season. An hour and a half later I cleared Customs and waited at our pre-arranged spot - “The Orange Dot” for the rest of group to arrive an hour or so later. Apparently I looked like the official direction person for the restrooms because 11 different people asked me “donde esta el bano?” Luckily I knew what they were saying and knew where they were. We got to the hotel after a short 45 minute ride – compared to the “short” 6 hour bus ride we have facing us in a couple of hours. Our afternoon was spent with our guide, Jonathan, who took us on a 4 hour walking tour of Buenos Aires. He was a great guide and we learned a ton about the city and the country.
Last night we went over to Jonathan’s friend, Salvo’s house where we had dinner and a few bottles of Malbec on his rooftop terrace. It was fantastic. We had a blast. Salvo had a great grill going and cooked out all kinds of meat. And when I say all kinds I actually mean, all parts of the cow. Have you ever had sweet bread??? That would be the glands of the cow. I will say it was actually quite tasty, and no, it did not taste like chicken. We met Salvo’s friends and roommates who were all nice. Jonathan kept us laughing all night with his stories and Ke-que showed us his record collection – old LPs including “Beverly Hills Cop”. A good time was had by the whole group and we made plans to go out with them next Sat. when we return to Buenos Aires. For now, it’s time to grab our luggage and head for “the bus”.
Here is The Team
Ke-que and Cory and his "Beverly Hills Cop" LPDinner on the terrace



I have had sweet bread! And OMG - I'm ready for my next Habitat trip. Where are you going in 2012?
ReplyDelete